Where Your House Becomes a Home
Our Award-Winning Design Studio helps you imagine the best Utah new homes by featuring full-size kitchens and bathrooms to help you visualize your dreams, as well as hands-on samples of every cabinet, countertop, flooring and finish for your new McArthur home. Our professional Design Consultants will assist you every step of the way as you begin the exciting journey of building your brand new home.
For more information about our Design Studio, read our Design FAQ.
Located at 9962 South Redwood Road, South Jordan Utah
- What should I bring to the Guided Tour?
- Who can I bring to the Design Studio?
- What selections do you offer?
- How long will I have to make all of my decisions?
- What products will be the best investment for the future resale of my home?
- What are the advantages of personalizing my home now vs. making changes myself after I move in?
- Do I need to pay cash for any of the selections I make now?
- How do I know what styles I like or what selections will look good together?
- How much will my mortgage payment increase?
- How can I contact a Design Consultant?
To make the most of your Design Studio Guided Tour, bring your Personal Selections Catalog, which you received from your Community Sales Manger. You can also bring anything that will help your Design Consultant to know what styles and finishes you like, such as fabric swatches, photographs, home design magazines or artwork. To ensure that there aren't unnecessary distractions for yourself and other new home owner, please do not bring children younger than age 12.
You are welcome to bring anyone you would like to the Design Studio who you think will be helpful in making your selections. It is usually most helpful for you to invite just one or two friends or family members who have similar design tastes to you. A second opinion can be helpful to you, but too many conflicting opinions can make the process more difficult.
We ask that you not bring children younger than age 12. The design of the studio into several small "rooms" makes it difficult to properly care for your children. The large and portable displays also pose a potential safety hazard for your children. No one wants a granite counter slab to smash a toe or finger. This will be a distraction to you and hinder your ability to make the many selections ahead of you. If distracted, you will be less sure of the choices you do make, and more concerned throughout the building process. For your peace of mind, and so that the experience is enjoyable, we strongly urge you to find alternative care for your young children.
The McArthur Homes Design Studio offers a wide range of available selections including ...
- GE Appliances
- Oak, Maple and Alder Cabinetry by Classic Cabinets
- WilsonArt Counters
- LG Solid Surface Counters
- Granite Countertops
- Mohawk Carpet
- Mannington Vinyl Flooring
- DAL Tile
- Natural Wood Flooring
- Thomas Lighting in a Variety of Finishes
- Electrical Wiring Options
- Fireplaces with Many Choices in Mantles and Surrounds
- Moen Plumbing Fixtures
- Door Hardware in a Variety of Styles and Finishes
- Wood and Iron Railings
- Exterior and Interior Door Styles
- Casing and Baseboard Options
- Drywall Texture Finishes
- KWAL Paint Choices
Please see our Product Catalog or contact a Design Consultant for a full list of available products.
Typically, you will have about 25 days from the time you execute your New Home Sales Agreement until you have your Final Design Selections Meeting. During this time you will first attend a Guided Tour. You will then have unlimited access to the Design Studio during Preview Hours up until the time of your Final Meeting.
When building a new home, it is important to think not only about what styles you like, but also what will make a good investment for the future. Typically, the best place to invest in your new home is in cabinets and flooring. This is especially true in the kitchen, which is usually the showpiece of the home. Once you have chosen cabinets and flooring, add finishing touches with complimentary countertops, convenient appliances, stunning plumbing fixtures, lighting, etc.
- The cost of ripping out a product and replacing it later can be more expensive than you plan, not to mention the hassle and stress of making changes to your new home. Wouldn't you rather relax after moving in and enjoy your home just the way you want it?
- By investing in your home now, you can include the costs in your home mortgage. Your mortgage interest rate is usually much lower than other kinds of financing, such as credit cards. Also the interest can be tax deductible. Check with your tax advisor.
- Even if you plan to replace a product "immediately" it can be months or years before the change actually gets made. Personalize your home the way you want to the first time and you will be much happier when you move in.
- One of a new home owner's biggest regrets is adding a few extra dollars to their monthly mortgage payment and sacrificing something they really wanted.
- McArthur Homes covers our products and workmanship with a One Year Limited Warranty, giving you peace of mind about everything in your new home.
Generally, unless you are making a special request, you will not need to pay cash for your design selections. Your total investment amount will be added to the purchase price of your home. At closing, this can be added to your loan or be paid up front as part of your down payment, consult your loan officer for more details. Because the non-refundable construction deposit is based on total purchase price, it will increase slightly as you choose personal selections; however, this deposit is usually only a small percent of the purchase price.
The best place to start is by thinking about your lifestyle needs and what you want from your new home. What do you like about your current home? What would you want to change? What styles or products are you drawn to in other people's homes? Our Lifestyle Quiz will get you started. Next, look around you for examples of what you like and what you don't like. Observe the homes of friends or family, look through magazines or home design books. Take pictures of what you like to the Design Studio and a Design Consultant can assist you in replicating a look or feeling that you are drawn to.
Typically, with a 5% interest rate, every $1,000 you add to your loan amount will increase your monthly payment by $5. Consult your loan officer for more information.
You can contact a design consultant by calling 801-727-2415, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your Community Sales Manager is also available to help set appointments, and answer questions you may have about your personal selections and the Design Studio.